The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Monday, March 5, 2007

A Triumph!

What a day! I know that putting together all star tribute benefits is gruelling and that it all comes together (or not) on the day of the performance when the sound, lights, and performers all come in and do their thing during the day of the show and then show up and do the show without ever having run it through. It's vaudeville at its scariest. Today was the first time I was totally in charge as producer, director and writer of the event and for the most part it went well. There were sound issues in the hall but we solved them eventually by calling in pros (thank you Barbara Minkus) and the evening's event went extremely well. The video montage was spectacular and the talent was beyond reproach with Marin Mazzie killing with Ring them Bells, Karen Ziemba moving me with Love and Only Love, Deb Monk doing her thing with Everybody's Girl. Barbara Cook was the highlight just mesmerizing with Among My Yesterdays from the Happy Time. Liza was valiant and courageous and did her three number, but a cold held the high notes in check. Still she is a trouper and a half and she was THERE! A big big star. Kander was moved and loved it all I think. It was a triumph. The birthday cake at the end...everything. I was proud of me and now may I please collapse? No. Tomorrow I have to rehearse Saturday Night at Grossingers. Well, back to reality and my own shows.

No comments: