The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday Night at Grossinger's

The question is this: is a backer's audition successful unless you know if you got backing? Well, we did a great presentation in a great living room for a very nice crowd who seemed to really appreciate what we did. I sang and acted well. The others were their marvelous selves. Everyone seemed enthusiastic, but I guess I won't know the money situation until I know it. I am thoroughly exhausted in any case. And if I am tired, can you just imagine the two wonderful leads who too the red eye from LA last night and tomorrow morning at 445am will be on the road to Kennedy? Highlights were having Larry Silverton, Doris's widower, there. Larry is a great guy and Doris was one of the Co-creators (Rita Lakin, the other, was there as well) and has gone to the big blintz stand in the sky. I am in hopes that Larry who is well off to say the least will help us get this production off the ground. But those are slim hopes. You don't get rich by putting money into shows. Even shows that your wife created and loved to death. Literally. But we shall see. He had tears in his eyes and seemed to really love it all. So did many others. It was certainly hard though to get the comic elements in a living room. The stand up schtick works best with lights and a bigger audience. But Barry Pearl did a valiant and brilliant job. I felt good singing the counterpoint duet with Lynne Halliday. Old home week for us. We worked together as director (me) and performer over 20 years ago and now we were singing a song together. What fun! Well, here's hoping this all adds up to some bucks and that we can really do the show this summer or early fall at the York. Thank you Barbara Minkus, Barry Pearl, Lynne Halliday, David Armstrong, Matthew Ward and everyone at the York. With that I say goodnight and goodluck....zzzzz

No comments: