The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Write or Wrong?

Why does a theatre writer have to be a producer as well? Spend the afternoon meeting with the not for profit theatre that Saturday Night at Grossinger's planning our backer's audition for March 19th. How I would love to just say "see you there!" But it's a) not in my makeup and b) not possible in this day and age to just be a writer and hope that others will take your show on to success...was it ever? Either way, I am heavily involved in the planning and execution of said backer's audition including trying to get the right money people in the room. In the end, would I have it any other way? No. But I am stressed with the Kander and Ebb coming up (Liza is going to sing three songs...I am thrilled!) and having to hop a plane in the morning for Pittsburgh to get to Youngstown for Memby's funeral. I want to go of course and don't at the same time. Doesn't everyone feel that way about funerals? Meanwhile work goes on for Road to Qatar and David is very excited about the new music he has written and that makes me happy. I will hear it after Ohio and when I am back in nyc. Can't wait to report.

No comments: