The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday Night with Stephen Cole

Been busy with the continuation of Road to Qatar rewrites. Act I emailed to David Krane and today he read it and LOOOOVED it. Horray. He laughed out loud. I am excited. Act II is done but I am not happy enough to email more than half of it yet. The transition to Qatar (the last 1/4 of the Act) is not right yet and by moving the title song to Act I, I am denied the 11 o'clock number and even though I am reprising it with a new counter melody, I am not as excited about it. How to solve? Hmmm...not sure yet. Kander and Ebb continues as well. Things are falling into place musically and the only person I haven't heard from is Liza. I am concerned about certain budget items as we might have to shell out more for one of the accompanists than one would like, but the person being accompanied is worth it. Hope that works out. Had a meeting with the York people about Saturday Night at Grossinger's and it went well enough. We still have to raise a lot of money and are planning a backer's audition in March. After talking to David Armstrong today, it was agreed that it would be best to have not only Barbara Minkus do Jennie but to also have Barry Pearl come to NYC and do Sheldon's numbers and schtick for us. This will help raise more money than me doing the songs...brilliant as I am. I am not him. He is him. And David was so sweet in saying I was just too young and cute. I think he is a great director already. Barry and Barbara are both willing to come on their one buck. They know this is a great opportunity and that they will get to do the show in NYC and these are great roles for them as has been proven in LA and Florida. Now we just have to pin down dates and places...What a schmear! Onward and up as I say. We shall see what we shall see as Lucia says.

No comments: