The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

SATURDAY NIGHT

Continued working on the rewrite of Qatar. Well into Act II now and I think I have fixed the audition sequence and made it slide into Bratislava, which I had skipped in the first draft. The work is fun and I am having a good time as long as I am writing away. The Kander and Ebb saga continues. Jeff will not be coming in to play or rehearse the show after all...something I have known would happen. So I need to make sure everything is covered musically. Charlotte Rae called again today and she is still unsure about doing the evening, even though she really wants to. It's all about staying an extra week in cold, freezing NYC. Who can blame her? If she does it, it would be great. If not, we will still have enough of a show for 45mins...I am sure we will have too much in fact. Took Granny to dinner tonight for his 70th. The food was great and we laughed a lot. Came back and watched Carol Channing's 1956 Person to Person. Granny fell asleep...like old times. Channing was interesting then. Almost human (not that I don't like her as a caricature...I do.) and watching her with her then football player husband and 2 year old child is odd...no wig, not much affectation. Just a person. I like her better as a character. More work tomorrow on Qatar and talk to David Krane...oh yes, it's time to change the lead characters' names from David and Stephen to Neil and Michael...They are not us anymore but people in a show. Frees us up I think...it's all still true, but hyper-true. And we have changed our names to protect...well us.

No comments: