The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Night Wrap-up

Well, I really had hoped to write in this blog every day (although who the hell is reading it, I don't know...anyone out there?), but it seems that every few days is more likely. The backer's audition for Saturday Night at Grossinger's is all falling together. It will be on Mar. 19th and both Barbara Minkus and Barry Pearl, the stars of the LA and Florida casts will be flying themselves in to perform in an elegant living room that has been donated by a very generous friend (she is also donating the coffee, cakes and booze, wow!) Matthew Ward, my collaborator on After the Fair, Casper, Merlin's Apprentice and the recent Drama League Gala will play for us and we hope to actually get some checkbooks open. This show could be so good for the York and for all of us, if marketed correctly. Bring in the Jews please. My Jews. My people who know the Catskills and are still alive enough to buy tickets. It will happen. Still working on the act II rewrite of Road to Qatar! David has done all his revisionary work on Act I and waiting for the rest. It's getting there. Polish, polish, polish...Had a meeting this AM with Ned Ginzberg about Kiss Me Guido and the rights etc. It will take some more time to get that sorted out and I hope that I really want to do it. The lack of phyical proximity between the songwriters (us) and the book writer (in LA) makes me very nervous, and his inexperience in crafting a musical theatre libretto, which I am so good at. Well, my biggest fear is that I will wind up writing half the book (or structuring it) and getting no credit or money for it. I have to sort that out in my mind. The Kander and Ebb is coming together, but so far no Liza...hmm...thinking of either having Sheldon sing Meeskite (if he will) or getting Ruthie Henshall and the boys to do All that Jazz. If I do that I have to change the video and I don't know if he has edited yet. I will write to Harry and find out and then make a decision (if she is even available and we can get the boys...maybe too much trouble) so the juggling of projects continues.

No comments: