The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Voice from the Past

Yesterday I heard a voice from the past on my answering machine. The greeting began "Hello, Genius of the Universe!" I knew that hyperbole could only belong to David Bell, my collaborator and delightful partner in crime on Casper the Musical. I had called David's cell phone last week as a favor to Jeff who found out that David was now teaching (heading the dept?) at Northwestern U and Jeff wanted an intro. I was so happy to call David who, as it turns out was in Paris doing a show, which is why it took him a week to get back to me. His message was long, effusive, complimentary and dear...everything that David Bell is. He mentioned my shows (both with Jeff) Dodsworth and Time after Time, especially the later. I assume he got the CD we made of the live concert that featured those two shows sung by Judy Blazer, Liz Callaway, Christian Borle and Walter Charles. David seemed very interested in helping us get Time after Time on and that would be just dandy for so many reasons, not least of all the fact that the long term option was uncerimoniously dropped recently and that to have the prospect of a production would be so good for the show and even better for Jeff. I hope it can happen. I hope to talk to my voice from the past and get working with him again. He also mentioned me coming to Northwestern to do some master classes...wouldn't that be a kick! I have a lot to teach and would love to do that.

No comments: