The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Another Saturday Night of Winter

Finally let Act II of Road to Qatar go and sent it off to David Krane. I am very pleased with it on paper and have even changed all the names from Stephen and David to Michael and Jeffrey...why? A good friend asked me why change the names...well...I just had a feeling that I would be freer to do what needed to be done with the story if I wasn't tied to the real names. Then if it's not totally true, it's the story of Michael and Jeffrey, not Stephen and David. Actually it has become truer, if more dramatized. I also wanted to have as little to do with Title of Show, which not only used the author's names, but had the authors play themselves. Their story if not our story, but another show about musical theatre writers has got to not be like theirs...and then there's Guttenberg...wonder how that is doing or even how it IS. To me it sounds exactly like the very funny but strangely unsuccessful show of a few years ago called The Big Bang (authors played themselves in that too...I am happily retired from playing me in a fictional piece...I have enough trouble playing me in real life. Anyway, I will miss rewriting Qatar, but I have a funny feeling I will be doing so again...and soon. No news from Jeff and I am worried of course. I was oddly affected and saddened by the passing of Daniel MacDonald and I think I was thinking more about Jeff and Memby. I am so very worried.

No comments: