The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Rewrites

I had trouble falling asleep last night thinking about how to cut The Road to Qatar. I came up with some drastic cuts, changes, etc. but they only make more problems...why is rewriting so hard...actually why is cutting so hard...actually why do I have to cut!!! This morning I had breakfast with Barbara Minkus (Jennie Grossinger herself) and we talked about a nightclub act I conjured up for her and two other semi-stars. Here's the idea

FUNNY GIRLS!

An dynamic evening starring three of the original "funny girls" who played the starring role in the smash hit Jule Styne-Bob Merrill show. Mimi Hines, Marilyn Michaels and Barbara Minkus have each had brilliant and varied careers which converged in the role of Fanny Brice. The show will start with one of the most dynamic overtures ever composed and before the applause can die down our three ladies will each be discovered in a spot singing "I'm the Greatest Star," in a mock competitive way that will kick off the evening of memories and songs not only from the score of Funny Girl (some sung solo, some duet, some trio) but also authentic Fanny Brice songs such as "Second Hand Rose" and "My Man." Each of the funny girls will get to shine in her own inimitable way, but it will be the coming together and banter that will make this a genuinely memorable event. The evening will also be tied together with brand new special material written by awarding winning songwriter Stephen Cole, who also conceived and will direct the evening. From "Don't Rain on My Parade" to "People" this dynamite evening promises to be a tour de force that will make you forget that anyone named Barbra ever played the role.

No comments: