The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

REALLY back from the dead!

So, it's been literally forever since I updated this thing. What have I been doing for the last year or so? Hmmm...the projects continue. The Road to Qatar! had another reading last spring...very successful...and now we are preparing for reading number 3 on Nov. 19, 2009 (did one in 2007, 2008) at the York Theatre...this time though we are armed with the knowledge that there will be a full production in October 2009 at the Lyric Stage in Dallas. This is where my musical After the Fair premiered and won 5 Dallas Theatre Awards including Best New Play or Musical...it sits on my mantal all dusty and shiny (I must dust!). I am thrilled that Qatar will see a real stage and after that will come to NYC for another run in November. What else? February will be a busy month...besides Qatar reading, on Feb. 2 I am the writer for what seems like my millionth (18th I think) Drama League Benefit...this year a tribute to producer and Palace Theatre owner Stewart Lane (and his lovely wife Bonnie). Some of the stars lined up are Keith Carradine, Donna Murphy, Chita Rivera, Christine Ebersole...the usual suspects...not sure if Liza will make it, but I sure hope so. Then on Feb. 23rd, I get to co-host and interview Marni Nixon at the Film Forum's tribute evening to her. That's really exciting. Of course, who better than I? The Ghost's Ghost! But I am thrilled to be asked and I love working with Marni. Speaking of ghosting...I ghosted (without credit) Mr. Charles Strouse's memoir Put on a Happy Face...got great reviews, too bad my name is not on the cover...oh well...it's money, right? Right! Time after Time is back on track...working on doing another reading and maybe getting a production at Point Park University where Jeff Saver the composer is teaching now. Fingers crossed for us! Who knows, next fall might be jam packed. Last fall (have I really not updated this in so long?) we did a great reading at Northwestern University as part of the American Musical Theatre Project (that was fall of 07) and learned a lot...mostly how good the show was...Recently had a great meeting with a potential director so we might be making some significant changes and working toward a reading of the show...Meanwhile, my website has a new address...http://www.stephencolewriter.com/ and as I am doing this blog again, I intend to update the site as well...I have done a few new things in the past few years! Thanks for reading this whoever you are.

No comments: