The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Late Night Extra

Got to chat on line (IM) with my collaborator Jeffrey Saver. We wrote Dodsworth, Time after Time and lots of special material songs together and are now putting together this Kander and Ebb. Jeff is off tending to his wife who is ill and we don't get to speak enough, so this is a treat and stimulating for both of us. Jeff and I met in the early 90s I think and began to work together right away. It was he who got me involved with the Drama League and with Albert Stevenson and thus with John Kander. By the way speaking of Ebb, he was one of three judges who gave me the coveted Ed Kleban Award several years ago for my work on the libretto of The Night of the Hunter. I never really got to thank him. The prize was a hundred grand! Thanks Fred! Now if I could only win the Fred Ebb Award! Jeff is going through a lot of hell now but he will get through it. He is a wonderful person and deserves better, but because he is a wonderful person he has a great support system. I only hope that we can get back to work soon on Time after Time which has so much potential. Also, if we were working on that again it would mean that his dear wife was better and he could concentrate on something other than her health and the well being of his two daughters. That would be wonderful. Meanwhile we are working together on this tribute to his dear friend John and that will be wonderful as well.

No comments: