The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

First Post

Well, this is my first post. I am not sure who will read this but I will try to write it as often as I can. I am in the midst of writing material for my 18th Drama League Benefit. This year's theme is When Broadway Met Hollywood and along with my collaborator Matthew Ward, I have written a piece of special material entitled Dysfunctional Duet for Broadway stars Joanna Gleason and Jim Dale to perform. I have also helped to devise a medley of Great Songs from Hit Broadway Shows that were turned into Bomb Movies. This will be done by four great singers with a special guest appearance from Barbra Streisand (she bombed in Hello, Dolly and On a Clear Day) in the guise of Steven Brinberg. The show is coming together and will include some interesting film montages which I am helping to create with a brilliant videographer on the West Coast. These benefits are very difficult and this year has been particulary hard in that stars haven't signed on as we would have wished. Not "A" stars anyway. Still it should be a very good show. I still have all my writing to do as far as the in between stuff and the intros to all the acts. I need to have this done by the 30th as I am leaving town and flying to London on the 31st for my partner's big birthday celebration. I will return in time for the last day of rehearsal and the show on the 5th of Feb. When this is over I have to dive into another similar event in tribute to Kander and Ebb, get back to rewriting my show The Road to Qatar, plan a new book proposal, and work on a mini show using Four Seasons songs. Phew! The writer's life.

No comments: