The Logo Finally!

The Logo Finally!
I think it's a great improvement and I like it.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Morning of the First Preview


In the wee small hours of the morning (alright it's 831am)as my space heater hums and the snow is coming down I am contemplating our first NYC audience for The Road to Qatar! Happily for me there is a rehearsal today to clean some stuff up, put in a few tiny changes and rehearse them. But ultimately it's like letting your baby go to school for the first time. This baby went to pre-school in Dallas and did pretty well for itself. But now the poor Qatari is about to face New Yorkers who paid money to sit in the dark and be entertained. I grew up as a New York audience. Saw my first show in 1967 and fell in love with musicals. So I know that New York audiences are wonderful people. But that doesn't stop mommy and daddy from wanting to still keep control of our little bubala. Losing control is hard. I won't be able to run up and fix a line or change a lyric. Hell, we just wrote a whole new song that has been rehearsed for one whole day. But that's fun. The fixing, the writing, the fiddling. It's the watching without control that can give you an ulcer. But I am breathing deeply and trusting in this fabulous cast of Bruce Warren, Bill Nolte, Sarah Stiles, Keith Gerchak and Jamie Beaman...trusting in the great band of 5 strong and trusting that our baby can walk and dance and sing and entertain the world in a time it really needs it. Something funny is going on in the Middle East and it's The Road to Qatar! So get ready, Daddy. It's time for baby to take it's first steps and speak it's first words...oh my God, the baby speaks Arabic~! Shukran! Shukran to all.

No comments: